Sunday, February 28, 2016

Vector Illustration

I couldn't do it. I can't be any more blunt. This was one of the most agitating projects that I have ever done in all my time in school. I understand what I am supposed to do. I just can't do it. Its confusing, time consuming, trial and error, but most of all, it isn't fun. I had fun doing the other assignments. I had no fun doing this. I understand that assignments aren't meant to be fun. They are meant to be learning experiences. At the same time, there is only so much frustration one can take before you just give up. Besides, I've never been good at 3D art anywhere.

I'm sorry. I know I'm better than this. Again, I just couldn't do it.

With all that out of the way, I guess I should explain what I was attempting to do.

Obviously, I tried to create a vector illustration of  a soda bottle, specifically a Coca-Cola bottle. For reference, here is the picture I based my illustration off of.



Obviously, I had to exclude the brand, per your requirements for this assignment. I tried to do a face, but I had more frustration with that. I played around with other things, like buildings. These were even more complex, though. I picked a soda bottle because I thought it would be simple enough for me to handle.


There is supposed to be a black text behind the white one to give off the illusion of 3D. I don't know what went wrong with the conversion.



No comments:

Post a Comment